Pocket Watches Forum

AccueilAccueil  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  GroupesGroupes  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  

Partagez | 

Please let me introduce myself

AuteurMessage
Rowley

MessageSujet: Please let me introduce myself   Jeu Juil 28, 2011 12:32 pm

I live in West Yorkshire, UK. A few years ago I bought a Russian open face Molnija with an embossed locomotive on the back cover. After a while I discovered there were different designs and began to collect them ....

.... to date I have fourteen (most recent not in this photo').

My search for open face Molnijas gained a second string when I realised they produced 'badged' watches - the first I came across was ADANAC, then MARATHON ............ and so on. This collection now numbers over twenty.

Another spin-off sprang from the purchase of another Russian watch, which turned out to be a Cortebert for Turkish State Railways ....

Apologies for the poor photographs - I will take better ones and post later.

.... A combination of retirement and rising prices makes it unlikely the collection will grow much larger.

The production of Molnijas ceased in 2007, many of those now offered for sale appear to be Ukranian/Bulgarian franken watches cobbled together from parts and offered up for silly prices.

Rowley
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Admin
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Please let me introduce myself   Jeu Juil 28, 2011 3:10 pm

Hello Rowley,

Beautiful collection, congrats ! I have never bought Russian pocket watches but they seem very interesting ! Do you know how much different models of back covers were produced ? They are nice Very Happy
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://pocketwatchesforum.forumactif.com

Please let me introduce myself
Page 1 sur 1